Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: Train-the-Trainer
Time & Location
About The Event
Sexual harassment has prevented workplaces from thriving in a real way for decades. HR Cafe is offering an interactive training program designed to empower an organization to handle its own sexual harassment training needs. Human Resource managers and HR professionals will be provided the essential tools to conduct anti-harassment training for supervisory and non-supervisory employees. This training will last four hours and all materials required to conduct legally required training and keep the workplace in compliance will be provided.
Who is eligible to attend?
- HR Professionals with two years’ experience handling claims of sexual harassment
- Trainers specializing in sexual harassment prevention
- Attorneys that specialize in labor law
- University professors that teach labor law
Training will cover the following areas:
- A definition of sexual harassment under the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), and Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Types of conduct that constitute sexual harassment
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment
- Remedies and resources available to targets of sexual harassment, including to whom they should report the misconduct
- Practical examples to help supervisors/managers recognize and prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation
- A discussion of harassment (and examples) based on gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation
- Manager/Supervisors’ obligation to report harassment
- The obligation of employers to correct harassing behavior
- The limited confidentiality of the complaint process
- Guidance for manager/supervisors who have been personally accused of harassment
- Abusive conduct
HR Professionals will:
- Learn how to conduct a California compliant sexual harassment prevention training for supervisory and non-supervisory employees, including but not limited to receiving presentation materials to conduct trainings for their own workforce, that will contain federal and California statutes concerning the prohibition against, and the prevention and correction of sexual harassment, along with the remedies available to victims of sexual harassment in employment. Such materials will also provide practical examples of such harassment.
- Training materials will also include the additional California required training elements pertaining to the prevention of abusive conduct, and training related to the prevention of harassment based on gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
- Receive a sign-in sheet, and Certificate of Completion form for use during their workplace training(s).
- Receive a sample Settlement Agreement Confidentiality Provision which is compliant with existing California law, for use in Separation/Severance Agreements and/or Settlement Agreements.
- Receive sample Alleged Harassment Investigation Forms, to assist with workplace investigations of alleged harassment.
- Receive a sample Anti-Harassment Policy, that can be provided to all supervisory and non-supervisory employees within the HR professional’s workplace.
- Receive a Certificate of Attendance for ‘Train The Trainer session.”
- HR Professional/Vendor$149$1490$0